Sunday 30 August 2009

Uploading iPhone photos to Flickr.

This is a great way to create your own little photo Blog on the internet. All you need is an account set up on the FLICKR website and to download FLICKIT on your iPhone.

The rest is simple:





1. So this is the screen you are greeted with when you open the FLICKIT application. You have two choices - Take a photo now or use one from your library. I am opting for using a picture that I have taken previously, so I click the picture of the flower.




2. I have lots and lots of pictures in my library. I have clicked on the picture of the bunny. See it? Flickit notifies you at the bottom that it has added the photo. I now can click DONE on the bottom right.




3. I'm back at this screen again. As you can see, my bunny is there. I need to tap on this now to set up its title and description etc.




4. As you can see, it's simple enough to understand. You can also add it to sets and add tags if you want, but I find this too time consuming and do it later when I'm on a PC.




5. If you scroll a bit further down you have privacy options. By default this is set to private. If you want people to see your pictures (of course you do) then swith it to PUBLIC. Like I have done.




6. Now finally, so it can appear on the Flickr map... You'll need to geotag it. This isn't necessary, but I like to do it when I'm out and about. I've geotagged hundreds of my pictures. It'll take a few seconds to home in on your exact location. It works a bit like a sat nav does. Now you're all done, You need to click done at the top.




7. You're back to this screen now. You're all set, so you can hit UPLOAD!




8. You'll then get the waiting screen. Depending on where you are or how fast your connection is this may take 10 seconds, to 5 minutes. I find it's usually quick. You need to make sure you don't let your phone go to standby though, because it'll cancel. Even if it does, it's not a big worry because it's all saved so you can just hit upload again.





9. And voila. It's finished. You can now visit Safari (Which is Apple's web browser) Go to m.flickr.com and find the picture that you've uploaded.

Simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers